Step by step Basics of WordPress
Step 1: Sign Up With WordPress
Signing up with WordPress is quick and easy! Simply follow these easy steps and you’ll be blogging in no time. Access the WordPress.com website:
1. Click the Sign Up Now icon.
2. Create a user name and password, provide your email address.
3. Select the circle that says Gimme a Blog, and proceed.
4. Choose a domain name and title for your blog. Be creative!
5. You'll be sent an email with a link to activate your blog.
6. Click through the link to complete the sign up process and activate your site.
Step 2: Create Your WordPress Profile
Once you’ve activated your blog, you’ll have the option of viewing your site or just logging in.
1) Login with the user name and password you created in step 1. This will take you to your main Dashboard page.
2. At the top of the Dashboard, click on the link to update your about page.
3. Add a few sentences about yourself.
4. Preview any changes by using the preview button in the top right hand corner of the page.
5. If the page looks good, go to the edit page and click on the update page button below the preview button and save your profile.
6. You can update your profile any time by returning to the same Dashboard.
Step 3: Select a WordPress Template
WordPress starts you out with a standard template. Before posting, you'll want to customize the appearance of your blog to reflect your personality or the theme you’re trying to portray. In order to that, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Appearance button which you'll find on the lower left of the dashboard.
2. This action will take you to a manage themes page.
3. Browse and select a template, and click Activate once you've decided which one looks the best for you.
4. You can change your template at any time, using either a standard WordPress template or a third party design.
Step 4: Write Your First WordPress Post
Now its time to speak your mind by adding your first post.
1. Click on Posts from the left hand column on the dashboard.
2. Click on Add New
3. Write the title for your post in the space under Add New Post.
4. Write your post in the text box, using the toolbar above the box to customize the contents.
5. Preview and update your blog the same way you did for your profile.
6. Congratulations! Its official! You’re live.
For more information on setting up your own website or using wordpress contact Level 9 Digital at 786-523-0588